- Trizact A16 is equal to P1400 grit
- Grain is Aluminium Oxide
- Backing Semi-Flexible X weight cloth
- Tape join.
- Suitable for Mild Steel, Tool Steels, Nickel Alloys, Titanium, Stainless and Cobalt
Think consistency when you think 3M™ Trizact™ Abrasives. Featuring a precise surface of microreplicated structures, Trizact abrasives deliver more consistent finishes, consistent cut rates, and cooler grinding and finishing temperatures than conventional abrasives. They continuously expose fresh abrasive cutting surfaces, for more predictable, lower reject rates, higher worker productivity and more consistent quality in your end products. Trizact abrasives are ideal for applications requiring a fine finish, and are suited for a variety of metals such as stainless steel, chromium, nickel and cobalt-based materials.
- Grit type: Aluminium Oxide.
- Application: Finishing, Grinding, Polishing & Sanding.
- Backing Material: Cloth.
- Backing Weight: X-Weight.
- Colour: Grey.
- Brand: Trizact™.
- Form Type: Scalloped Edge.
- For use on: Aluminum, Carbon Steel, High Nickel Alloy, Soft Metals, Stainless Steel, Titanium/Zirconium.
- Equipment - Machines: Bench Top Motors, Centerless Grinders, Cylindrical Grinders, Edge Sanders, File Belt Sanders, Inline Sanders, Manual Backstand, Pressure Assit Backstand, Stroke Sanders, Wide Belt Sanders.
- Self-sharpening pyramids start sharp, stay sharp, and run cooler than conventional abrasives.
- Flexible backing for consistent finish over contours.
- Three-dimensional design enables very consistent finishes throughout the abrasive life in robotic applications.
- For intermediate finishing and fine polishing prior to plating or buffing.
- Ideal for intermediate finishing and fine polishing prior to plating or buffing.
- Produces finer finishes than conventional electrostatically coated abrasives.
3M™ Trizact™ Cloth Belt 237AA uses proprietary microreplication technology by 3M where micron-graded aluminum oxide particles are formed into tiny pyramids of abrasive mineral and then coated on an X weight cloth backing. As these pyramids wear, fresh, sharp mineral is continually exposed to produce a consistent cut and a predictable, fine finish.
Built For Dimensioning and Scratch Refinement
The abrasive and resin structure for the 3M™ Trizact™ Cloth Belt 237AA is formulated to break down under medium pressure and keep fresh, sharp mineral cutting to provide consistent finishes on hard metals such as carbon and stainless steel. Our belt also features a grinding aid that helps prevent heat buildup, warping and discoloration. The belt is constructed on an X-weight, durable cloth backing that helps provide control, conformability, and effective medium-pressure grinding. The resin bonded abrasive gives you greater heat resistance and helps prevent delamination.
Runs Smooth, Finishes Consistently
The belt uses a Film Media Splice, a strong secure bond joining the belt ends, consisting of a thin film-joining media that minimizes "chatter marks," ensures a smooth running belt, and consistent finishing results. When compared to conventional abrasive products, proprietary Trizact™ abrasives produce a finer finish, achieve results faster, and last longer.
Ideal for Robotic Finishing and Polishing
Robotic metal polishing demands the most consistent, refined cut and long abrasive life. 3M™ Trizact™ abrasives can consistently deliver near-mirror finishes while also delivering the abrasive life that helps reduce changeouts and downtime in robotic cells. This helps maximize the efficiency of the cell, allowing you to produce more parts per belt.
The Science of Flawless Finishes
Unlike conventional abrasives, our line of 3M™ Trizact™ belts start sharp and stay sharp, resulting in more predictable finishes and improved, consistent quality. 3M™ Trizact™ belts can last up to five times longer than conventional belts and provide precise finish control such that operators can reduce grade sequences, requiring fewer process steps and fewer abrasive products. Three-dimensional structures uniformly distributed over the entire surface of 3M™ Trizact™ abrasives ensure consistent performance and eliminate part to part variation.