Micro-Gloss® No.5 Polish 4oz, 118ml.
- General purpose water-based liquid uses a 5 micron abrasive crystal.
- Removes a 9 micron scratch.
- Removes fine scratches from interior/exterior windows.
- Can be applied by hand or machine.
- More aggressive than regular Micro-Gloss®.
- Follow with regular Micro-Gloss® for an optically clear finish.
- Micro-Gloss® #5 Liquid Abrasive is a stronger formulation than our standard, 1 micron Micro-Gloss®.
- #5 is approved as a Type II polish for aircraft canopies and will remove a 9 micron scratch.
- After using #5, follow this by using the standard Micro-Gloss® for a crystal clear finish.
- Micro-Gloss® #5 is a waterbased formulation and is environmentally safe. This concentrated cream does not cover damage or fill in damage – it removes it!
- Most cleaners and polishes contain products that can damage surfaces over time. Micro-Gloss® #5 does not!
Micro-Gloss® #5 Polish Instructions
- Flush the surface to be polished with water and wipe with a damp soft 100% cotton flannel cloth. Make sure all crevices are flushed free of dirt.
- Slightly dampen a piece of flannel, apply a dime size drop of Micro-Gloss® #5 (green label) to the cloth and rub briskly over a 1 square foot area. Work in a straight line pattern, applying firm pressure for 2 to 3 minutes or until Micro-Gloss® (green label) has almost disappeared. Avoid using circular motions.
- Continue in 1 foot squares, overlapping slightly.
- Wipe entire surface with dry flannel cloth to remove any Micro-Gloss® #5 residue.
- Repeat steps 2 thru 4 above with Micro-Gloss® (blue label).
- The surface should be dry before applying Anti-Static Cream.
- Apply a thin film of Anti-Static Cream with a clean dry flannel, following the same pattern set forth in step 2. It is best to use the Anti-Static Cream on small sections, being careful to not allow it to dry.
- Micro-Gloss® #5 will remove damage 9 micron in depth. If damage is deeper remove with Micro-Gloss® cushioned abrasives.
- Use only 100% cotton flannel. Cotton Flannel pieces may be washed and re-used many times. Keep flannel material clean and dry when not in use. Do not use flannel cloth contaminated with dried Micro-Gloss® or Anti-Static Cream.
- A TufBuf® Polishing pad with a random orbital buffing machine may be used in place of the hand rubbing in Step 2. The buffer should be used with light pressure and should be kept moving across the surface using a straight line pattern. Avoid moving the buffer in a circular motion. When using Micro-Gloss® on Polycarbonate and acrylic, the buffer must be held flat against the surface and kept moving to avoid “dishing” the surface, causing distortion.
Micro-Gloss® (blue label) is a general all purpose water-based liquid abrasive which uses a one micron aluminum oxide abrasive crystal to achieve a fine finish on acrylics, plastics, polycarbonate, fiberglass, wood, silver, gold, copper, brass, paint urethanes, lacquers, and polyesters to name a few. This unique liquid removes hairline scratches, haziness, and halos untouched by other products. Contains no filler or wax that could cause yellowing. Remove scratches and imperfections with Micro-Gloss® and buff back to optical clarity. Micro-Gloss® will remove a 4000 Micro-Mesh scratch pattern. Use by hand or machine with a TufBuf® lambs wool polishing pad or foam sponge pad. Available in 1 oz., 4 oz and 8 oz. bottles. Micro-Gloss® #5 (green label) is a more aggressive liquid abrasive. It contains a 5 micron aluminum oxide crystal. Use this formulation when a more aggressive cutting action is required. You will need to follow this by using the regular Micro-Gloss®.